31 December 2010

DAY 365! We did it!

Ann
"WOW...I can't believe this is my final shot for our 365 day commitment.I am sure to have withdrawal symptoms tomorrow.  I am going to miss this project and the daily dance with my lens. I can't thank Nancy, Laura, and Diane enough for sharing in this project.We make a great team!!!"
XOXO 



Nancy

















I want to thank Ann, Diane & Laura for coming on this extraordinary journey with me.  When I first started thinking about this project, I had no idea how it would unfold, nor if we could make it all the way to photograph number 365.  I just wanted to make a commitment to myself, and my friends, that I would take a photo a day for an entire year.
It wasn't always easy.  Between traveling, and other professional and personal commitments, I sometimes dreaded having to take one more image.  I often struggled with lack of inspiration & drive.  But I always know that, if I had to, I could grab my cell phone, and take my photo of the day.
I am overjoyed to have completed this project. Thank you friends!  I couldn't have done this without your love and support.

Laura















Many thanks to Nancy for creating this challenge.  I agreed to participate in this project because I knew that being in the company of three other professional photographers would help me "up my game" in my own photography.  I feel I started the year with good skills, and by the end of the year, I had improved my composition, choice of subjects and decreased my need for post-processing.

The assignment of taking and posting a photo a day - whether in Italy or France, at home, sick or well, happy or sad, busy or bored - was a totally enjoyable experience. It ensured that I did a little bit of art every day, and that felt good.

Laura McHugh
Artist
Half Moon Bay CA
 


No comments: